How to change password in linux
It is very important to keep your user password safe and secure.In this post we are about to learn how to change password in linux.
open terminal using Ctrl+Alt+t and follow these steps,
• open terminal and enter the command:
• it will ask for the current password and you have to enter the current active password you’re using right now.
• then you are asked to enter the new password.retype the new password once again and hit enter.
• you’ll receive a message passwd:password updated successfully.
2.passwd <account name>
•To change password of any account when login as root, use the command:
passwd <account name>
eg: If the name of the account is John then enter the command as sudo passwd John.
• follow the same steps as using passwd.
3.To change password of a group
• To change password of a group,use the command:
passwd -g <group name>
You can also use special characters alongside with alphabets and symbols that’ll make it hard to bruteforce your password.
If you have any doubts feel free to ask in the comment section.